Our capabilities and unique culture to deeply collaborate with stakeholders are the foundations of delivering solutions to the government's most pressing Health IT challenges.
Focused on Your Health IT Challenges
DRT is a Major Provider in Government Health IT
Since 2010, DRT has been awarded over 40 multi-million dollar Health IT contracts for projects including:
- Automation of national medical laboratory data collection and interoperability
- Disease research data collection and analysis
- Geospatial analysis of public health emergencies
- Food safety regulation enforcement
- Pre-market approval and post-market surveillance for drugs, biologics, and medical devices
- Role-based eLearning for Drug Regulatory Review and Safety Review Platforms
Health IT Expertise Helping to Achieve Your Mission
Support disease management systems such as the CDC ALS Registry Portal, and enable the integration of health systems such as FDA’s Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS) which automates national laboratory data collection and enables lab interoperability.
Health IT Systems Development, O&M, and Support
- Employ Agile development and ITIL based services model to provide full software development lifecycle support for CDRH imaging, document management, and web-based device registration applications.
- Develop systems architecture for CFSAN’s Scientific Computing Program (SCP) incorporating high performance computing, cloud-based surge capacity, and the Internet2 initiative.
Conducted planning and analysis of on-premise and cloud-based IT security requirements for FDA CDRH business systems.
- Conduct IT Security Planning and Analysis of On-Premise and Cloud IT Security Requirements for FDA CDRH business systems.
- Use Geospatial Information Systems (GIS) modeling to help eradicate polio, study disease transfer, and respond to national and global health emergencies such as the Ebola and Zika virus epidemics.
- Helped develop the Environmental Burden Index (EBI), the first nationwide estimate of environmental quality available at the census tract level.
- Included a global unique identifier to anonymize ALS patient data for privacy, improving the quality and completeness of CDC research data.
Health IT Strategy and Solutions Planning
- Led concept design for the Real-time Application for Portable Interactive Devices (RAPID), stemming from the H1N1 crisis that highlighted the need for improved communication for EUA-related adverse event reporting between health practitioners and the FDA.
- Conducted an impact analysis for the implementation of the Individual Case Study Reports (ICSR) R3 standards for adverse event reporting. The analysis provided insights into how data structure changes could be better used by FDA safety reviewers and epidemiologists.
- Identified additional FDA systems functionality to facilitate implementation of ICSRs in FDA using HL7 international clinical and health administration data standards that support automated data exchange requirements.
- Collaborated with the FDA to develop a high-level IT Strategy “Roadmap” and implementation plan aligned to the Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) objectives to use technology to prevent food contamination.
- DRT support for FDA’s Regulatory Review Training program included redesign and enhancement of training curriculum to provide a hands-on “real world” experience for trainees, added depth and breadth of content, and diversified delivery mechanisms including computer-based training.