We give back to the community with efforts to support the mission of charitable organizations including:
- Youth Leadership Foundation (YLF) (DRT’s official corporate charity)
- The Salute Military Golf Association Wounded Warrior Sponsor
- Toys for Tots
- Greater DC Cares
- Susan G. Komen for the Cure Global Breast Cancer Movement
- Washington Humane Society
- Dress for Success
- D.C. Central Kitchen
DRT Strategies has been recognized by the Fairfax Chamber of Commerce for their corporate social responsibility contributions and efforts to celebrate International Corporate Philanthropy Day.
DRT’s Race for D.C. Kids 5k
Supporting the Youth Leadership Foundation (YLF)
On October 7, 2017, DRT Strategies will host its 5th annual 5K Race for D.C. Kids at Bluemont Park. The 5K run is an out and back course along a beautiful, almost flat stretch of the Washington and Old Dominion Trail. Kristen Berset-Harris of WUSA 9’s “Great Day Washington” will serve as the Master of Ceremonies.
Inaugurated in 2012, DRT’s annual 5K Race for DC Kids has generated over $50,000, attracting hundreds of runners in support of over 3,000 youth in the D.C. metro region who receive personal mentoring at the Youth Leadership Foundation (YLF). The YLF was recently selected by the Catalogue of Philanthropy: Greater Washington as “One of the Best” Nonprofits as part of the Class of 2017-18.
As its official corporate charity, 100% of funds raised go to the Youth Leadership Foundation, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization -- DRT has contributed over $100,000 to the YLF over the past ten years. The YLF serves disadvantaged youth by boosting academic performance while developing their character based on their “Four Pillars of Success: Challenging Academics, Character Formation, Personal Mentoring, and Parental Involvement.”
For more information on DRT's 2017 Race for D.C. Kids 5K or how to support the YLF, please email our DRT Cares Team at DRTCares@drtstrategies.com or visit the YLF website at www.helpingkids.org/race4dckids.
DRT Cares: A Perfect Match
DRT Cares: A Perfect Match is a program that features one employee-supported charity per month to support our dedicated employees and their charitable interests. In this program, the lead employee reaches out to fellow team members for support and DRT will match dollar-for-dollar, up to $500 for the charity (potentially raising $1,000 or more for the DRT employee's charitable cause).
We are actively involved with organizations that promote excellence in professional development and networking.
- Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC)
- Project Management Institute (PMI)
- Industry Advisory Council (IAC)
- Armed Forces Communications and Electronics Association (AFCEA)
- American Society for Public Administration (ASPA)
- Navy SPAWAR Office of Small Business Programs (OSBP) Roundtable
- Founding member of the new public/private partnership sponsored by the FCC, SBA, and SCORE to promote broadband usage by small businesses