DRT Strategies Bolsters Executive Team and Announces New Organizational Structure
New structure designed to improve customer and employee experiences, streamline operations, maximize market opportunities, and drive growth.
Mike Bowers appointed Chief Operating Officer. Kathy Taylor promoted to Senior Vice President, Account Development. Jeff Affuso appointed Senior Vice President, Account Delivery.
Arlington, VA – June 3, 2019 – DRT Strategies, Inc. (DRT) (www.drtstrategies.com), a leading management and technology firm, today announced a new organizational structure consistent with the strategy laid out earlier this year to improve the experience that customers and employees have with DRT, streamline operations, maximize market opportunities, and accelerate growth. As part of the changes, the company has established dedicated roles and responsibilities for its delivery business units, account development, communications, operations, technology, and has consolidated the line of reporting for these roles under new Chief Operating Officer (COO), Mike Bowers. Mr. Bowers was most recently Senior Vice President, Federal Civilian at NTT DATA Services
“Improving how we engage with our customers and employees is core to the new operating priorities announced during our all-hands meeting earlier this year.”
Susan Kidd, CEO of DRT Strategies.
“By aligning our leadership structure around strengthening these experiences, we leverage our team’s diverse talents to drive enterprise-wide change, accelerate growth, and pioneer new innovations that enable our customers to realize meaningful mission-driven results. Since joining late last year, Mike Bowers has already elevated our business development capabilities, positioning us for growth in the full and open market. His hiring and the other appointments announced today reflect our confidence that, in their new roles, these executives can propel our success even further.”
Mr. Bowers has more than 30 years federal IT industry experience, serving in top level positions driving growth at industry leaders including SAIC, Xerox, NTT DATA Services, and Indus. As COO, Mr. Bowers is responsible for building a world-class delivery organization at DRT including ensuring high quality Delivery Excellence that exceeds customer expectations, providing high-touch customer service, and cultivating deep customer relationships. Mr. Bowers is further tasked with growing and scaling DRT, hiring and developing top-talent, and positioning DRT as a world-class brand.
To complement Mr. Bowers’ role as COO, DRT Strategies announced the following executive appointments, effective immediately:
- Kathy Taylor has been promoted to Senior Vice President, Account Development and will be responsible for driving immediate and sustained growth across existing and new customer accounts. Previously, Ms. Taylor was Vice President of DRT’s Health IT business unit. She will report directly to Mr. Bowers.
- Jeff Affuso has been appointed to Senior Vice President, Account Delivery. Mr. Affuso joins DRT from American Operations Corporation (AOC). He has extensive capture management, proposal development, and delivery oversight experience spanning 25 years in the federal space with senior leadership roles at PricewaterhouseCoopers, CGI Federal, and American Management Systems. He will report directly to Mr. Bowers.
- Geoff Dick has been promoted to Vice President, Health Accounts and will lead DRT’s growth through the development and delivery of core Health IT capabilities within both the public and private sectors. Previously, Mr. Dick was Managing Director of DRT’s FDA Account. He will report directly to Mr. Affuso.
- Elizabeth Bolak has been appointed to Vice President, Civilian Accounts. Ms. Bolak was formerly Vice President of INS Civilian operations at Tetra Tech and brings 25 years of experience in federal contracting. She will lead DRT’s growth initiatives and delivery operations within the Civilian sector and will report directly to Mr. Affuso.
- Kevin Augustine has been promoted to Vice President, Operations. Previously, Mr. Augustine was Managing Director within DRT’s Solutions group and led key customer accounts including DRT’s IT modernization work at the Department of Commerce, National Telecommunications and Information Administration (NTIA). He will report directly to Mr. Bowers.
- Chris Zeiders has been promoted to Vice President, Technology. Previously, Mr. Zeiders was a Managing Director within DRT’s Solutions group and led the company’s achievement as an Amazon Web Services Consulting partner and ServiceNow partner. He will report directly to Mr. Bowers.
- Mike Duffy has been appointed Special Consultant to the COO. Previously, Mr. Duffy served as Chief Operating Officer of the Company for eight years and retired with distinction in March 2019. He remains a critical contributor to DRT and will report directly to Mr. Bowers.
About DRT Strategies
DRT Strategies, Inc. (DRT) is a leading management and technology firm providing information technology (IT) solutions, health IT services, program management and financial management solutions to federal agencies and enterprise clients. The company is a ServiceNow™ partner, an Amazon Web Services (AWS) Consulting Partner, holds an ISO 9001:2015 certification and has achieved CMMI-DEV Level 3. DRT is headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, with offices in Washington, D.C., Baltimore, Maryland, Atlanta, Georgia, and Kansas City, Missouri. More information on the company can be found at www.drtstrategies.com.
DRT Strategies Contact Information
Contact: Clara Hickerson, Vice President, Communications
Phone: (571) 482-2523